Another year has absolutely flown by in a flurry of meetings, life events and sprinkled with the occasional holiday.
With only 2 weeks left till the end of 2013, it’s a great idea to stop and take stock of all the things you’ve done this year.
Steve Tappin, CEO of Xinfu and Host of BBC CEO Guru & Founder, suggests the following Top 10 FREEZE questions:
- Did you make the progress you wanted this year?
Has it been a grind, or a challenging (but enjoyable) year?
- What are the 3-4 things that need to be reset next year?
- Do you have confidence that you have a business system that has the right people working with you, with the right mindsets to deliver results next year?
- If you step back, is your business or team powered by the need just to keep going, or do you have an exciting future and higher purpose which drives you all?
- Are you clear on how you can build sustainable value?
Do you have 4-5 breakthroughs (like Apple used to) which can shift your business to a new level?
- Do your top people share enough trust, belief and care for your company?
- What are the things that drain your energy and belief, and can you remove them?Do you need some fresh talent to give you ideas, momentum, and to share the load?
- What can you do to show appreciation and thanks, and to celebrate pre-Christmas?
What is your give-back outside the company?
- In 2014, how can you set up a life system which better balances work, success and happiness?
- What single thing could you personally do differently, which would have the power to make it a fantastic 2014?
On that note, here’s a fond farewell to a productive 2013 and hello to an exciting 2014!